Part-time self-employed

If you are self-employed you can choose to exercise the activity part-time:

  • if, in addition to your self-employed activity, you also exercise another professional activity paid by an employer
  • or if, as a self-employed person, you also receive a replacement income from another professional activity as an employee or civil servant, which is no longer exercised

As a part-time self-employed person (fr) you have the same legal obligations as a full-time self-employed person. You need to join a social insurance fund for self-employed persons and pay social security contributions every quarter.

More information about part-time self-employed persons (fr) is available on the National Institute for the Social Security of the Self-employed (NISSE).